Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ira Glass' good advice

I just remembered this awesome clip of Ira Glass giving a kind of universal pep talk to anyone frustrated with their artistic practice. I found it very motivating back in first year. He talks about the importance of productivity and deadlines for people doing creative work.



So I guess that's kinda what I'm trying to do with this blog. Though it's mostly links right now, I kind of want it to turn into a collective creative instigator. A place to motivate us to produce material no matter how good or bad and share it with the group. A place where inactivity *coughcourtneycough* doesn't go unnoticed and we keep each other on our toes.

Just a thought. This will be whatever it turns into and that's cool too. Am I still making sense? I guess it's bed time...

sarah xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment